Day 11 | Uvalde, Texas

 



Since 2017, mass shootings in the United States -- described as shooting incidents in which at least four people are injured or killed -- have nearly doubled year over year. Already, there have been 212 mass shooting incidents in 2022 -- a huge increase from 141 shootings in May 2017. The number of people injured or killed does not include the suspect or perpetrator. 

The death toll in the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, rose to 22, with at least 19 children, one teacher, and a second school employee killed, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.


Comments

  1. It's again and again and again the Never Ending Story of USA's stupidity over that damnit Second Amendment.... Their 18th century Constitution is NO MORE in phase with the 21st century USA. So many social and technological changes happened since the times of Washington that this old Constitution has an urgent need to be modernized. BUT the Retrumplicons white supremacists will never let go their grip on power and «lives» of even american kids will never make them change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's undoubtedly going to continue for quite a while. More and more State legislatures are allowing people to open-carry WITHOUT A LICENSE and WITHOUT TRAINING. Perhaps the child of a Congressman needs to be killed before something positive happens, but I doubt it. A Repubican representative was shot a couple of years ago, but her fellow Republicans quashed any changes to gun laws.
      I grew up in a house with two guns. My dad had a shotgun and a .22 bolt action rifle. I never saw him fire either one--I think his WWII service soured him on weapons of any kind--and we kids had >strict< orders not to touch them. I never saw ammunition for the .22 until after he died, and when I found it, I turned it in to the police. Now the rifle sits in my back closet, out of sight and out of mind. To me, it's now a museum piece.

      Delete
    2. I went to college in the US, and most of my male friends had guns in their dorm rooms, mainly handguns and rifles, with plenty of ammo. One of them even owned an Uzi submachine gun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Make my day!

Popular Posts (Last 7 days)