DAY 150 | Pasta allo scarpariello


Una buona mangiata...



Pasta allo scarpariello - A pasta that you can cook so fast that you can say you made this pasta “SCIUÈ SCIUÈ!”  Sciuè sciuè (pronounced shway shway) is a Neapolitan saying that means something is done smoothly and quickly but without paying it much mind. 

This is like true Italian home cooking- it can seem difficult at first but really is very simple and fast. The beauty of this dish is that while the water is boiling, the sauce is already done - two sautées and it’s ready. 

Today I made this Neapolitan dish with paccheri pasta and the Scarpariello sauce which consists of tomato, parmesan, olive oil, garlic, pecorino, and basil. 

“Scarpariello” pasta gets its name because legend says it’s a recipe made by the wife of a shoemaker, or “scarpari.” Scarpariello was a poor dish made with the leftovers of Sunday sauce - and it is SOOO GOOD!

Source: Authentic Italian (Instagram)







Comments

  1. Barilla doesn't make paccheri, so I'll have to look at other brands at the Italian market I frequent. If they don't carry it, I'll substitute mezzi rigatoni. Either way, it looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try this recipe, please let me know if it turned out as good as it looks.

      Delete
  2. Knead your own pasta, Carl. It's like mayonnaise: it doesn't take that much time to make and the end result tastes terrific. I've never bought a Mayo jar in my life. Nothing tastes as good as homemade stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Make my day!

Popular Posts (Last 7 days)