Day 215.1 | Dirty Work (video)


Dirty Work (1933)

Director: Lloyd French
Writer: H.M. Walker
Starring: Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, Samuel Adams

Story: Oliver and Stanley arrive at a scientist's house to clean the chimney — and wreck the place from top to bottom.




Quotes:

Stan: Did you hurt yourself?
Oliver: I have nothing to say. You attend to your work - and I'll attend to mine.


Jessup: [in a cold voice of barely restrained fury at having the whole chimney-full of ashes dumped all over him] Somewhere - an electric chair is waiting!

Comments

  1. Oh I love Stan & Ollie so much. Just that line alone by Ollie makes me laugh.
    I was just watching them in 'Them Thar Hills.' I wish they were on tv much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. j'ai un souvenir de Laurel et Hardy qui date de 1960 dans Fra Diavolo , superbe ! sinon en déménageurs ils étaient aussi très bons , d'ailleurs des génies du faire rire aux éclats , jusqu'à dans la chanson "c'est moi Laurel, c'est toi Hardy, c'est toi qui pédale, c'est moi qui conduis....etc, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ollie frequently says to Stan "why dont you do something to help me"
    i love them too.
    thx for posting,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Make my day!

Popular Posts (Last 7 days)