DAY 252.1 | “This wallpaper is killing me. One of us has to go.”























About the title of this post:

Near the end of his life, Oscar Wilde was debt-ridden and ill. His shabby accommodations in Paris did not meet his aesthetic standards. According to legend he said something similar to the following while on his deathbed. Here are three versions:

(1) Either this wallpaper goes or I do.
(2) This wallpaper is killing me. Decidedly one of us will have to go.
(3) My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One of us must go.

Is this quote accurate? Read more here.

RELATED: The Happy Prince, 2018, by Rupert Everett, with Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Emily Watson, Colin Morgan, Tom Wilkinson.

Synopsis: The untold story of the last days of Oscar Wilde, a man who observes his own failure with ironic distance and regards the difficulties that beset his life with cynical detachment and humor.




Disclaimer: If you are the copyright owner of a photograph, video, artwork posted to this nonprofit blog and want it removed, please contact me at mynarrowcorner@gmail.com and the item(s) will be promptly taken down.

Comments

Popular Posts (Last 7 days)